Oral health abstracts sought for 2013 public health meeting
The American Public Health Association Oral Health Section is accepting submissions of abstracts for individual paper presentations and posters to be presented at its 141st annual meeting in Boston, Nov. 2-6, 2013.
Deadline for submissions is Feb. 5, 2013. Presenters must be individual members of APHA and register for the meeting.
Submissions may center on the meeting theme Think Global, Act Local: Best Practices Around the World. They also may address the following current dental public health topics:
• Affordable Care Act and Oral Health
• Dental Workforce Issues and Infrastructure
• Effective Preventive and Oral Health Promotion Programs: Community
Water Fluoridation and other Community Approaches
• Epidemiology of Oral Diseases and Disparities
• Global Health and Oral Health
• Health Communications, Oral Health Literacy and Social Media
• HIV, AIDS and Oral Health (Organized Jointly with HIV/AIDS Section)
• Integrated Medical, Oral Health and Vision Care Delivery Models (Organized Jointly with Vision Care Section)
• Maternal, Child Health and Oral Health (Organized Jointly with Maternal and Child Section)
• Oral Health Needs among Special Populations
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and may not have been presented at any other meeting or published in any journal prior to Nov. 6, 2013. APHA encourages joint sessions cosponsored with other sections, special interest groups and caucuses.
Submit an abstract online at www.apha.org/meetings or contact Dr. Peggy Timothe at Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 188 Longwood Ave., Boston, MA, 02115. Call Dr. Timothe at 1-617-432-2375 or email her at email@example.com.
APHA is an organization of public health professionals working to improve public health since 1872. Its annual meetings attract more than 13,000 health professionals.