Action for Dental Health
Healthy teeth and gums aren’t a luxury. They’re essential.
That’s why the American Dental Association (ADA) launched Action for Dental Health: Dentists Making a Difference, a nationwide, community-based movement aimed at ending the dental health crisis facing America today.
All Americans deserve good dental health
The causes of the dental health crisis are varied and complex. But we know that for each of us – and for the nation as a whole – it’s never too late to get on top of our dental health. Action for Dental Health aims to prevent dental disease before it starts and reduce the proportion of adults and children with untreated dental disease. Our goal is to help all Americans attain their best oral health. Read more about the goals for Action for Dental Health (PDF).
Three-pronged action plan
Action for Dental Health is comprehensive in its approach and scope and is designed to address the dental health crisis in three distinct areas:
- Provide care now to people who are suffering from untreated disease.
- Strengthen and expand the public/private safety net.
- Disease prevention and dental health education.
Dentists throughout the country are taking action to improve the nation’s dental health by delivering care now to those already suffering with disease, strengthening the dental safety net, and bringing dental health education and disease prevention into communities. Here are some of their stories.
- Profile of a CDHC: Jenna Linden
- Colorado Dentists Pledge to "Take 5" Medicaid Patients
- Maine Dentists Provide Coordinated Oral Health Care for Head Start Students
- Ohio Dentists Press Legislature for Medicaid Reforms but Offer Skin in the Game
- Florida Dental Group Provides Care to the Homeless