Seminar Series: CE from distinguished experts in dentistry
With some of the most distinguished speakers in dentistry, the Seminar Series features more than 90 seminars and 70 speakers available for booking at an affordable rate. In 2012 alone, more than 30 dental societies booked speakers from the ADA Seminar Series.
For many, the Seminar Series is their No. 1 resource when it comes to CE planning.
"When we begin to prepare for our annual session, the first thing I do is hand out the Seminar Series catalog," said Priscilla Allen, assistant to the executive director and director of meetings and special events for the North Carolina Dental Society.
"We've had as many as five or six speakers from the Seminar Series," said Ms. Allen. "This year we have two Seminar Series speakers booked. We've also got some booked for 2014 and right now the council is beginning to identify speakers for 2015.
"This is a wonderful service for meeting planners," she continued. "The Seminar Series has nationally known speakers and we pay only one fee to book them, and that just means so much for your budget."
Negotiating with speakers individually can mean paying for travel expenses in addition to other fees but with the Seminar Series, there are no hidden charges.
"All you do is contact the Seminar Series staff and tell them what speaker and presentation you're looking for and dates. If that person is not available, they recommend alternatives," Ms. Allen said. "The Seminar Series speakers have all been so accommodating, and we tend to get great feedback from our members."
The 2013 ADA Seminar Series catalog is now available online (ADA.org/seminarseries) and speakers are available for booking. Topics covered include anesthesia, oral sedation and pain control; endodontics; implantology; restorative dentistry; and medical emergencies in the office.
The new catalog features 25 updated courses and six new seminars:
• Treatment of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea in the Dental Practice, by Dr. Kathleen Bennett;
• Opioid Analgesia in Your Dental Practice: Assessing Risks and Effective Pain Management, by Patrick Sammon, Ph.D., and Dr. John Lindroth;
• Utilizing Social Media in Your Practice: The Creation and Maintenance of Your Online Presence, by Dr. Tina Frangella;
• The Therapeutic Use of Botulinum Neurotoxin for Non-Odontogenic Toothache and Other Head and Neck Pain, by Dr. Lisa Germain;
• Actions and Algorithms for Medical Emergencies or How to Save A Life, Including Your Own, by Dr. Daniel Pompa;
• Billing and Coding Dynamics for the New Decade, by Laci Phillips.
For information or to book a seminar, contact the ADA at the toll-free number or 1-312-440-2500, Ext. 2908.