ADA Standards Committees to meet in February and March
The ADA Standards Committees and the U.S. Technical Advisory Group for the International Organization for Standardization Technical Committee 106 Dentistry will meet in February and March.
The ADA Standards Committee on Dental Informatics (SCDI) will meet in Chicago, Feb. 18-20 at ADA Headquarters. The meeting takes place prior to the start of the Chicago Midwinter meeting. Here are details:
• Feb. 18—At noon, there will be a joint meeting with Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine Working Group 22-Dentistry and SCDI Working Group 12.1-Digital Imaging.
• Feb. 19—SCDI working groups will meet.
• Feb. 20—The Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise Dental Domain will meet at 9 a.m., followed by the SCDI Plenary session at 1:30 p.m.
For further information on the ADA SCDI meeting, please contact Paul Bralower at 1-312-440-2500, Ext. 4129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ADA Standards Committee on Dental Products (SCDP) and the U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 106 Dentistry will meet March 18-20 in Seattle at the Washington State Convention Center, 800 Convention Place, Seattle, WA, 98101. The meeting takes place prior to the start of the International Association for Dental Research/American Association for Dental Research/ Canadian Association for Dental Research general session. Here are details:
• March 18—An Opening Plenary, combined SCDP Subcommittee/U.S. Sub-TAG Meetings and a new member orientation will take place. Following the meetings will be the annual reception in the evening.
• March 19—The SCDP Plenary Session will take place in the morning followed by SCDP Working Group meetings in the afternoon.
• March 20—SCDP Working Group meetings will be held in the morning. Also, capping off the meeting this year will be a symposium on the Relevancy of In Vitro Testing in Predicting Clinical Behavior from 1-3 p.m. This symposium is open to all.
Hotel reservations must be made through aadronline.org, the website of the American Association for Dental Research, to qualify participants for discounted meeting rates.
Although there is no charge, registration is required to attend any of the SCDP/U.S. TAG meetings and events. Please contact Kathy Medic at 1-312-440-2500, Ext. 2533 or email email@example.com for registration information.
The ADA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute to develop American National Standards for products and information technology used by the dental profession and by consumers. Currently there are more than 90 national standards and more are under development. National standards developed by ADA serve the dental profession by ensuring product safety and efficacy for both clinician and patient and by providing information on new and emerging technologies.