Nominations open for new dentist awards
Entries are due Dec. 1
Dental societies can show their appreciation for the time and effort their member colleagues and new dentist committees contribute by nominating them for an ADA new dentist award.
There are five award categories for 2012. State or local dental societies must submit the nominations, which are due Dec. 1.
Award categories include:
- Golden Apple Award for New Dentist Leadership: recognizes an ADA member dentist who graduated on or after Jan. 1, 2002, and who has demonstrated outstanding leadership initiative in organized dentistry.
- Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring: recognizes an ADA member dentist who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in mentoring.
- Golden Apple Award for New Dentist Legislative Leadership: recognizes an ADA member dentist who graduated on or after Jan. 1, 2002, and who has demonstrated outstanding political/legislative leadership initiative.
- New Dentist Committee Outstanding Program Award of Excellence: recognizes a constituent or component new dentist committee for a single program or service that meets the needs of dental students, recent graduates and/or new dentists, or that facilitates their involvement in organized dentistry.
- New Award: Outstanding New Dentist Committee Award: recognizes a constituent or component society new dentist committee for overall achievement specific to new dentists in one or more of the following areas: advocacy, communications, events, leadership development, membership growth, promotion of professional ethics and public service/community outreach.
Information and application forms were emailed to dental societies. The ADA New Dentist Committee will present the awards at the ADA 26th New Dentist Conference, June 22-24, 2012, in Washington, D.C. Winners will receive a trophy, complimentary conference registration and a $500 stipend.
For more information or to download nomination forms, visit the new dentist committees section of Dental Society Resources at www.adadentalsociety.org or contact the ADA New Dentist Committee at Ext. 2779 or email@example.com.