ADA teams up with Rite Aid for National Oral Health Campaign
Camp Hill, Pa.—The Association has teamed up with Rite Aid drugstores for a new public health campaign designed to promote the link between good oral health and overall health.
The campaign, which runs from July 26-Sept. 25, gives customers easy access to expert advice from pharmacists and also provides tips on flossing and brushing, common causes of dry mouth and how to get information on low-cost access to dental care. Additionally, there is a rewards incentive program for patients who buy oral care products.
"Oral health is a natural fit for Rite Aid, because a bright smile is a billboard for both health and happiness—the two core values that drive Rite Aid's everyday selection of products and services," said John Learish, senior vice president, marketing, Rite Aid.
During the campaign, Rite Aid stores will distribute 12-page guides on oral health to customers, covering the following topics:
- How inflammation from poor oral health may be linked to heart and blood vessel damage;
- Why people with diabetes need to be especially careful to guard against diseases of the mouth;
- How parents can promote oral health with children even before they can brush their own teeth;
- What to do to treat canker and cold sores and how to tell the difference between them;
- How to be prepared for a dental emergency including a broken, knocked out or chipped tooth;
- When to replace a toothbrush and how to choose the right toothpaste;
- How to talk to your pharmacist about alleviating the suffering from persistent dry mouth, which is a common side effect of many prescription medications.
The rewards programs includes Single Check Rebate programs good for a $5 Rite Aid gift card with the purchase of $15 of select oral health products or a $10 Rite Aid gift card with the purchase of $25 of select oral health products using the Rite Aid wellness plus card.
For more information, visit www.riteaid.com or call 1-800-748-3243 (RITE AID).