2013 New Dentist Conference Early-Bird Registration Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: The American Dental Association 2013 New Dentist Conference Early-Bird Registration Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are: (a) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia or the U.S. Virgin Islands; and (b) eighteen (18) years of age or older. Exhibitors, dental dealers, dental manufacturers, their employees or agents, and officers, directors, trustees, New Dentist Committee members, and employees of the ADA or any affiliate of the ADA, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such individual, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (the “Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2013 and ends on May 24, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”).
5. Entry: All individuals who register for the American Dental Association 2013 New Dentist Conference by May 24, 2013 (“early-bird registrants”), with the exception of those registrants who are not eligible as noted in item number 1 above, will be automatically registered for the “Sweepstakes.” If you have not already registered for the New Dentist Conference, you have two ways to enter during the Promotion Period: (a) register online at ADA.org/newdentistconf; or (b) send your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address and indicate, “Entry for NDC Sweepstakes” to New Dentist Committee, American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries/registration forms must be postmarked by or submitted electronically by 12:00pm, CT, May 24, 2013.
6. Drawing: On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, the Sponsor will select the names of four (4) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via telephone within seven (7) days of the drawing. The manner and timing of notification may be modified or adjusted in such manner as the Sponsor shall deem appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion.
7. Odds: The odds of being selected for each prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Requirements of the Potential Winner: Except where prohibited, as a condition of receiving a prize, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release (where applicable) within the required time period, or if it is determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the potential winner is not eligible or declines to participate or receive a prize in accordance with these Official Rules, an alternate entrant shall be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize awarded.
9. Prizes: One (1) prize winner will receive a payment (in cash or the equivalent thereof) equal to the amount paid by the winner to register himself/herself for the 2013 New Dentist Conference, estimated value between $275 and $525; one (1) prize winner will receive three nights lodging at the Four Seasons Hotel during the New Dentist Conference, July 17-20, 2013 only, estimated value at $500 excluding applicable taxes; one (1) prize winner will receive three nights lodging at the Sheraton New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana only during the ADA Annual Session, October 31- November 2, 2013, estimated value at $700 excluding applicable taxes; and one (1) prize winner will receive two complimentary registrations to ADA Annual Session in New Orleans, Louisiana, October 31- November 2, 2013, estimated value between $75 and $100. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above including, but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, taxes, resort fees, and purchases made during trip, are solely the winner’s responsibility. Travel must be completed between the dates specified for each prize and is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, and certain other restrictions. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a portion of the prize, in whole or in part, with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, trustees, New Dentist Committee members, employees, agents and assigns (the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
13. Official Rules and Sweepstakes Results: Complete Official Rules will be available at registration during the 2013 New Dentist Conference. You can also obtain a copy of these Official Rules and the names of the winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sweepstakes Rules, New Dentist Committee, 211 East Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611. Requests must be received by August 1, 2013.