DQA Measure Activities
Opportunity for Comment on Current Activities
Testing DQA Measures for the Adult Population
The Dental Quality Alliance (DQA) is soliciting proposals to test the feasibility, reliability and validity of DQA measures using administrative data. Investigators interested in applying for this opportunity are requested to submit a letter of interest to the DQA by email to Krishna Aravamudhan at email@example.com. Final deadline for receipt of proposals is Tuesday, July 1, 2014.
Interim Report: Testing eCQMs in Pediatric Dentistry
This is an Interim Report on the DQA eMeasures project prepared by the University of Florida. The purpose of this report is to support the specification and testing of eMeasures for inclusion in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Meaningful Use (MU) incentive program for eligible professionals (2016 edition of reportable quality measures).
Measure Development Process
Programmatic Administrative Measure Effort
The Dental Quality Alliance is pleased to announce the availability of its first fully tested measures set titled "Dental Caries in Children: Prevention and Disease Management".
Formative Documents for This Measure Set
- Pediatric Oral Health Quality & Performance Measure Concept Set: Achieving Standardization & Alignment (PDF)
- Pediatric Oral Health Quality and Performance Measures: Environmental Scan (PDF)
The DQA is currently working on the following projects:
- Additional Measures for Children: The DQA is currently testing these measures for feasibility, validity, reliability and usability.
- Use of Emergency Department
- Follow-up After Use of Emergency Department
- Use of General Anesthesia
- Treatment Following Sealant Use
- Early Extraction of Permanent Teeth
- Adult Measures Under Consideration
- Patient reported outcomes measures (collaboration with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
The Dental Quality Alliance has published an E-Measure document titled: Pediatric Oral Healthcare, Exploring the Feasibility for E-Measures. This document explores the feasibility of adapting the DQA's Starter Set of administrative (using claims/eligibility data) measures for pediatric oral health into e-Measures. Document posted on Jan. 10, 2013.
The DQA is currently working on developing two eMeasures for potential use within the Stage III Meaningful Use Program.