The host society should view the seminar series catalog and submit a seminar inquiry form also available online. The Seminar Series staff will contact the selected speaker(s) and request availability; the speaker responds to the ADA in writing with a "yes" or "no".
The host is then informed by the Seminar Series staff of the outcome of the request. If the response is "yes", a confirmation is sent to both parties, if "no" the search continues based on all choices. Following the confirmation of the booking, the Seminar Series staff provides both parties with information required to make the seminar a success. This includes:
- Speaker’s Packet A (photo, course description, biographical profile, fact sheet), which should be received at least 60 days prior to the seminar date, and
- Speaker Packet B (handouts, AV requirements, evaluation form) which will be sent 30 days prior to the seminar.
The host society should communicate with the speaker at least 30 days prior to the seminar to finalize arrangements for hotel, ground transportation and additional details.
Changes to the program
The host society must inform the Seminar Series staff as soon as possible of any necessary changes in booked seminar. If a mutual agreement between all parties can be reached regarding the changes then no fee will be incurred for date changes: however, if expenses have been incurred and are non-refundable, the host society will be held responsible for the incurred charges.
Should the seminar be canceled at the discretion of the host society:
- More than 30 days before the seminar date, the only out-of-pocket cost that will be incurred is any pre-paid airline tickets, and no other fees or expenses will be requested of the Host; and
- Within 2-30 days of the seminar date, fifty percent (50%) of the fees and shipping cost related to the seminar will be payable to the ADA; and
- Within 48 hours of the seminar, the full fee will be due