Federal Dental Services
Support Your Profession!
"I am an ADA member because I believe being a member is vital to my profession."
In a recent survey of ADA federal dentist members, about 60 percent said the most important reason they joined the ADA was to support their profession, followed by supporting the ADA's advocacy goals on behalf of federal dentists.
When you become a member of the ADA, you'll see quickly that the support the ADA provides to all federal dentists goes very deep. From everything from advocacy to practice, science to CE, the ADA stands ready to support you, no matter where your service may take you.
Whether you’re in the military, VA, U.S. Public Health Service or other federal employment, you play a vital role in the dental profession. If you are not currently a member, we encourage you to apply for Federal Dental Services (FDS) membership today!
"I am an ADA member because the ADA offers great clinical Information and practice resources."
ADA membership provides you with access to the resources to help you succeed professionally and personally, including:
- The latest scientific, clinical and professional information through The Journal of the American Dental Association, ADA News, the ADA Professional Product Review (PPR) and ADA.org, plus federal dentist publications which include Federal Dental News and the FDS E-Memo.
- Consolidate your student loans, take out a home loan or tap into other financial resources through ADA Member Advantage.
- Obtain continuing education from today’s leading experts at the ADA Annual Session and the ADA New Dentist Conference, or at a time that’s most convenient for you … with the ADA’s all new CE Online. The 2010 ADA Annual Session will be held October 9–12, 2010, in Orlando, Florida. We’re planning a special FDS CE track this year that will feature many of your FDS colleagues in teaching roles!
"I am an ADA member because the ADA is the value of dentistry and the strongest advocate we have as federal service dentists."
Recent FDS Legislative Achievements
As the leading advocate for dentists practicing in the federal dental services, the ADA is proud of its recent achievements. Below is a comprehensive review of these key accomplishments on behalf of federal dentists over the last couple of years:
ADA FDS Membership Staff
- Karen Burgess, director
- Christopher Mitchell, senior manager, membership marketing
- Susana Galvan, manager, FDS Membership Office
ADA FDS Membership Office